Packing for Beautiful Bangladesh
Updated: Sep 30, 2019
Below is the new and revised packing list for our one month trip to Bangladesh, which includes one week in India.
A few lessons learnt from India….
- No cloth nappies only Pampers bought en route in Bangladesh itself.
- No breast pumps as baby 7 months upon departure and I had basically stopped pumping.
- No travel towel (all hotels gave me towels).
- I now realise I went a bit over the top in terms of baby clothes especially with warm clothes, hats, tights and socks (temperature around 28 degrees Celsius to 35 degrees Celsius in Bangladesh in September) but not too much of a problem as her clothes pack down very small.
- I myself went with one change of clothes and bought new Salwar Kameez when I arrived.
- Only took one pair of sandals, no hiking boots and didn’t miss them. Could well have given the socks a miss too.
- I also topped up with small sized washbag stuff and medicines upon arrival.
- I also panicked it was the monsoon and took a raincoat and umbrella, rarely used and not needed.
- Upgraded to next size Koodi bed but without the blow up mattress part. We used the thin mattress without a sheet with no problems (the blow up mattress only gets holes eventually and the pump is just another thing to carry).
- As baby now weaning, bought as much baby food as I could carry and stashed it in Dhaka.
Daypack: Deuter ACT Trail 28 SL
Backpack: Deuter Aircontact Trek 64 SL
Cloth carrier bag
Small black handbag
Zip lock bags small/large x 20
Eagle Creek packing bags
2 debit cards
1 credit card
502 USD cash (Bangladesh visa on arrival is 51 USD hence the single dollar bills)
200 Euro cash
200 GBP cash
Passports x 2 (including Indian 12 month multi entry visa x 2 and Bangladesh single entry 30 day visa x 2)
Child birth certificate
Work computer Dell Latitude E5470 + charger and adapter + Aqua Quest cover
4 Belkin powerbanks
Nationwide Bank card reader
Cables for iphone / Kindle / speaker
2 hats (not needed)
2 cardigans (not needed)
4 tights (not needed)
4 socks (not needed)
1 corduroy trousers
2 corduroy dresses
5 short vests
3 long sleeved vests
2 lightweight leggings
3 long sleeved tops
1 short sleeved blouse
2 party dresses (probably overkill on too many dresses, bought additional en route)
4 normal dresses
3 extremely lightweight dresses
4 long sleeved sleepsuits
1 top and knickers set
Koo-di 100 x 60 x 73 cm Sun and Sleep Pop Up Travel Bubble Cot (NB: no blow up mattress or pump)
Baby sleeping bags 2.5 tog x 2
One pack Pampers size 4
Wet wipes x 3
Medicines: Baby vapor rub small, De-rash Zinc Oxide BP nappy rash cream (50 taka bought en route)
Boots weaning bowl and spoon for baby rice / porridge
Pestle and mortar style bowl and masher (not used)
Tommee Tippee bottles x 2
Milton sterilising tablets x 30
Tommee Tippee baby care kit with snot sucker, baby scissors, thermometer, nail clippers, dropper for Calpol
Baby formula milk in zip lock bag
Baby rice x 3
Baby porridge x 3
Ella’s Kitchen pouches x 50 approx. (red/purple/green/yellow smoothies and vegetable pouches for 4+ months)
Salwar Kameez x 5
Long sleeved top
Socks x 3
Knickers x 7
Bras x 2
Breastfeeding vest top
Down jacket (not needed)
Rohan raincoat (not needed)
Rohan umbrella (rarely used)
Make up bag:
Blusher + brush
Lipsticks x 2
Contact lenses for 30 days
Small brush and hair ties
Roll on deodorant
Nivea sun cream factor 50 small
Small 25g Dove soap
John Frieda Frizz Ease Glossing Mist
Garnier Men Acno Fight Face Wash small
Colgate tooth paste small
Vaseline small 25ml
Cotton buds (for baby)
Medications: Beconase, Ciprofloxicin, Paracetamol, Nebanol antibiotic powder
Surf Excel sachets bought en route
Nail brush for scrubbing
Fairy liquid 100ml + Marigold sponge
Jack Daniels whisky decanted (Bangladesh is a dry country!)
Small key Yale padlocks x 2
Big key padlock
Diary + pens + sellotape
Squeezy marmite 200g